What is an ActionID and why do I need one?
An ActionID is an account that you use to log in to all things VAN, including OpenVPB and MiniVAN. Before you or your group members can canvass or phonebank, you'll need to create an ActionID! Luckily, anyone can do this just by registering online, no need for a special invitation.
What if I already have an ActionID?
If you've volunteered in the past for political campaigns then you may already have ActionID account. That's great, because you can use the same account to volunteer with Indivisible. If it's been a while and you've forgotten your password, you can reset your password here. See below for more detailed instructions.
How do I create a new account?
If you're creating an account for the first time, follow these steps:
- Go to https://accounts.ngpvan.com/Account/Register .
- Fill out this form with an email, password, your name, and phone number. Remember this email and password, you’ll use them to log in later.
- Click Create Account.
- You’ll be taken to a page that looks like this:
- Click "Ask Me Later" under #2, then you can close the page.
- Open your email and look for the email with the subject line: “Welcome to ActionID!” Open it and click on the big blue button that says “Confirm my Account”.
- You did it! Now remember your email and password, and use those to log in to MiniVAN and openvpb.com.
What if I forgot my password?
It’s easy to reset your password with ActionID! In the login screen, just click on “Forgot Your Password,” then enter your email address. You’ll get an email with the subject “ActionID password reset request”, click on the big blue button that says Reset Password!
You can also click on this link: https://accounts.ngpvan.com/Account/SendResetPasswordEmail
What about Group Leaders?
The process for group leaders is a little bit different -- log in and click here to learn more.